Cook time: 30 minutes
- 4 vEGGs (vEGGs Omelette)
- 4 english muffins
- 4 tsp vegan mayo
- Carrot bacon:
- vegetable oil
- maple syrup
- all-purpose soy sauce
- liquid smoke or smoked paprika
Prepare carrot bacon according to its original recipe:
- Peel and top & tail the carrot, then slice very thinly.
- Blitz the rest of the ingredients together for 20 seconds or so, until you have a thick marinade.
- Place the carrot and marinade into a dish, mix together so that all of the carrot slices are coated, and set to one side for 30 minutes.
- Heat your oven to 200°C/400°F
- Place the carrot strips side-by-side on a cookie sheet (lined with a silicone baking mat or baking parchment if it’s not non-stick), spread a little of the remaining marinade evenly over the strips, and then bake for 15-20 minutes, depending on how crispy you want your ‘bacon’ to be.
- Remove from the oven, and enjoy your delicious plant-based bacony treat!
Next prepare mini-omelettes according to instructions on the packaging. Fold all ingredients into four english muffins.